Your child's posture, movement quality, and motor skills are assessed and considered with the child's and parent's desires and goals. The need and frequency of treatment is determined following the evaluation.
Treatment can range from occasional consultation to a few times a week depending on the needs of the child and family. Treatment is typically provided at the clinic but at times home, daycare, or community setting such as a playground is necessary. All treatment includes suggestions and activities to do at home.
If you think your child needs medical equipment, assistance with determining need for plagiocephaly helmets, foot orthotics, walkers, positioning chairs, wheelchairs, or other adaptive equipment, can be addressed during an evaluation or as part of treatment.
If concerns are present or arise that are not in the scope of PT practice, referrals are made to the appropriate medical professional. Medical needs are referred back to the primary care physician. Other referrals may include occupational or speech therapy, physicians, and/or community support agencies.
• Call 907-346-4096 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with Sharon or schedule a appointment. Please leave a message if I am not able to answer.
• Check with your insurance about coverage, pre-authorization, and determine deductible and co-pays
• If your insurance requires a prescription, have your child's doctor fax a prescription to 877-319-7365. If you need assistance with this, I can help.
Already Have an Appoinement?
• Complete forms below and bring them to your appointment
• Bring your insurance card and ID
• Call or e-mail if you have questions prior to the appointment
As a courtesy, I will bill insurance for you. Please check with your company to see if you need preauthorization. Most insurance will cover pediatric physical therapy evaluation and treatment services but it is the parents or guardians responsibility to confirm your benefits and preauthorization. I am a preferred provider for Tricare and Blue Cross Blue Shield. I accept Medicaid, Denali Kid Care, TEFRA, and most other private insurances.
Access Intake forms/policies to print
Physical Therapy for Kids, LLC in Anchorage, Alaska provides specialized pediatric physical therapy for infants and children preemie - 12 years old with movement issues ranging from mild concerns to significant motor problems.