Physical Therapy for Kids, LLC
• Started in 1997
• Single provider practice, personal service
• Member American Physical Therapy Association, Alaska Chapter, Pediatrics Section
• Located within the office of Alaska Pediatric Therapy
• Home visits when medically necessary
• Coordinate with other services, as needed, including Occupational Therapists, Speech Language Therapists, Physicians, School District, and/or Early Intervention Services
PT for Kids, LLC aims to provide the highest quality physical therapy in one on one sessions to all children whether their needs be large or small.
Sharon Skidmore, PT, DPT
• Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, 1989
• Doctoral Degree in Physical Therapy, Arizona School of Health Sciences, Mesa, AZ, 2005
• Pediatric Training in Neurodevelopmental Treatment (NDT), 1996
• Certification in Tscharneuter Acadamie of Movement Organization (TAMO) in 2000 and advanced certification in 2003
• Attends Continuing Education coursework in a variety of pediatric topics including Torticollis/Plagiocephaly, Respiration and Postural Control, Total Motion Release, Mobilization, and state and national American Physical Therapy Association conferences.
• More than 25 years of experience including private practice, school districts in Alaska and Colorado, The Children's Hospital in Denver, and several years of locum tenens contracts in adult and pediatric settings across the United States.
Sharon has lived in Alaska for 20 years. She loves to hike, bike, camp, backpack, kayak, ski, snowshoe, and fish in the amazing wilderness with her husband and son. She also enjoys cooking, pottery, and travel.